Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sincerely

Sincerity.
How often do we even think about what sincerity really means?
I was reading some notes on the Psalms by C.H. Spurgeon and he made a passing comment on being sincere. Then it hit me.
Sincerity is what makes the difference in how we, as Christians, treat others. Think about it. As Christ's children we're called to live from our hearts and to act in love. Sincere love. Agape love. Selfless.
The world doesn't deal in sincerity. Everything revolves around self. "How can this further my interests? How does this help me? Am I happy with this?" etc. Insincere.
Believers are called to do the most mundane, dismal tasks with joy and a sincere desire to help others, without care to how it helps us, or if it even does help us. 
Basically, sincere, true love is our motive for what we do and how we do it. It SHOULD be our motive, I should say.
Because that's how Christ lived; from His heart.
With sincerity. 
Anyway, I was just pondering that this morning. Food for thought.

1 John 4:7-21

No comments:

Post a Comment